Second to a driver arriving safely to the unloading site is the cargo making it unscathed. With thousands upon thousands of miles on the road, and numerous threats like spoilage, fraud and deceit, and contract penalties, it’s more a matter of when will you need cargo insurance, than if.
Benefits to Drivers:
- Covers IC’s responsibility for customer’s goods in their custody while on dispatch.
- Reduces IC’s exposure to financial loss.
- Policy is portable for enrolled IC if driving for multiple sponsor clients with the enrolled vehicle.
- Covers reconstruction costs, loading & off loading up to policy limit.
- Coverage up to selected policy limit for unnamed terminals.
- Premium settlement deducted.
- Provides coverage to meet contractual obligations at reasonable cost.
- $1,000 – Fraud and Deceit
- $5,000 – Debris Removal Expense Per Policy – Defense Costs (no deductible applies) 30 Days Emergency Removal
- $1,000 – Expenses to Load or Unload Cargo Covered – General Average and Salvage Covered – Loading and Unloading
- $5,000 – Contract Penalty
- $1,000 – Earned Charges
- $5,000 – Expediting Expense
- $2,500 – Freight Charges
- $2,500 – Moving Equipment
- $10,000 – Pollutant Cleanup and Removal
- $500 – Spare Parts Policy Limit – Newly Acquired Terminals
- $5,000 – Off-Board Electronics
- $5,000 – On-Board Electronics
- $5,000 – On-Board Expendable Supplies
- $1,000 – Rewards
- $5,000 – Real Property of Others
- $5,000 – Costume Jewelry
- $5,000 – Spoilage
- $10,000 – unnamed terminal coverage applies
Major Exclusions Include But Not Limited To:
- Employee Theft
- Refrigeration Breakdown
- Civil Authority
- Nuclear Hazard
- War And Military Action
- Criminal, Fraudulent, Dishonest, Or Illegal Acts
- Loss Of Use
- Voluntary Parting
- Contingency Coverage
- Jewelry, Stones, And Metals
- Money And Securities
- Fur, Art, Animals
- Virus Or Bacteria Property Carried Without Charge
- Property Not Under Bill Of Landing Storage
- Trailer, Container Or Conveyance
Talk to a Cargo Insurance Expert
The Distribution Cooperative Network (DCN) has a team of insurance and transportation specialists who can help ensure peace of mind. Give us a call: 1-855-277-1099 or fill out our contact form, today and learn the cost of cargo insurance and get signed up.